Finding the Right Balance
Exudate assists healing:1
- Prevents wound bed from drying out
- Aids migration of tissue-repairing cells
- Provides essential nutrients for cell metabolism
- Assists separation of dead or damaged tissue(autolysis).
Excess exudate may:1
- Cause maceration of surrounding tissue
- Delay or prevent wound healing
- Cause subsequent breakdown and further deterioration of the wound bed
- World Union of Wound Healing Societies (WUWHS). Principles of best practice: Wound exudate and the role of dressings. A consensus document. London: MEP Ltd: 2007. http://www.woundinternational.com/clinical- guidelines/wound-exudate-and-the-roll-of-dressings-a-consensus- document/page-1. Accessed November 2013
- As demonstrated in vitro.
Please note: This product does not contain latex.
Please see package insert for complete instructions for use.